Earlswood Veterinary is a leading, multi-disciplinary, small animal, referral centre in Northern Ireland. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of care available to all patients, and clients referred to us and are currently seeking to expand our team.
Job Purpose Summary:
As Insurance Administrator you will be responsible for the efficient processing of all client insurance claims through the practice and will ensure all claims are submitted, followed up and paid within an established timeframe. This is a key role in Practice, working alongside the Client Care Co-ordinator and Client Finance Co-ordinator to ensure KPIs are met and liaising with the clinical team as required.
- Ensuring all claims are submitted within the specified timeframe.
- Following up all claims submitted and responding to all queries, from both clients and insurers, to ensure claims are processed and paid as set out in the established protocol.
- Working with the reception team to ensure all relevant insurance information is available to facilitate the clinical team in discussions around treatment plans.
- Liaising with the Client Care and Client Finance Co-ordinators to ensure all monies owed from insured clients are received.
You will have proven experience in a busy administrative role, and an understanding of end-to-end process. You will be highly motivated and proactive with excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills; highly accurate and with attention to detail. Speaking to clients over the telephone and in person will be part of the job at all times and the ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively but sensitively at what can be an emotional and stressful time.
- At least two-years experience in an administrative role within the last five years
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workload to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and alone
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Confident, professional demeanour
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and comfortable using online/cloud systems
- Previous experience in a clinical / veterinary nursing background would be advantageous
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Type of vacancy: Permanent Full-time
Based: Earlswood Veterinary, 193 Belmont Road, Belfast, BT4 2AE
Salary: commensurate with experience and negotiable.
Benefits: Competitive salary. Generous holiday allowance (including birthday leave), increasing with length of service. Access to the Group pension scheme, Continuing Professional Development, opportunities for career progression within the Group, access to a range of staff benefits and discount schemes. Discounted veterinary fees.
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please demonstrate in your covering letter how you meet the essential and desirable criteria using examples from your experience. Applications with no covering letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria will not be considered.
Closing date: 7 December 2022.